[fpc-devel] FPDoc and inherited methods

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Sep 11 16:56:31 CEST 2011

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Thanks for the improvements in the last updates, but...
>
> How do I obtain the latest documentation on FPDoc?

make fpdoc.pdf in docs.

> For records with variant parts, no short descriptions are shown for the
> members in the variant part. Parameters for overloaded methods are already
> supported, so this extension should not be too hard to implement?

Well, in that case presumably you can handle it ?

> FPDoc now also doesn't have "html" as the default format, requires an
> explicit format parameter.

This behaviour has not changed recently.

> The handling of the css file still is cryptic. Even with --css-file given no
> file is copied. The location seems to have changed to the parent directory,
> i.e. docs/html?

This behaviour has not changed recently.

> The messages have changed.
> What does it mean, when a dependency(?) could not be resolved? (heritage,
> link, ???)

Presumably a class inheritance. Can you post a more clear message ?

None of the messages have changed the last 8 months. I checked this.

You may now get extra messages since you use it more (or better), but not changes.

> When heritage is meant, I'd suggest something like "Ancestor ... of ... not
> found". At least I like messages starting with a fixed part, indicating the
> message type, not with an identifier.
>
> What do the "new alias ..." messages mean *to the user*?

As far as I can tell, they are debug messages.

Michael.