[fpc-devel] FPDoc and inherited methods

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 11 12:55:48 CEST 2011

Thanks for the improvements in the last updates, but...

How do I obtain the latest documentation on FPDoc?

For records with variant parts, no short descriptions are shown for the
members in the variant part. Parameters for overloaded methods are
already supported, so this extension should not be too hard to implement?

FPDoc now also doesn't have "html" as the default format, requires an
explicit format parameter.

The handling of the css file still is cryptic. Even with --css-file
given no file is copied. The location seems to have changed to the
parent directory, i.e. docs/html?

The messages have changed.
What does it mean, when a dependency(?) could not be resolved?
(heritage, link, ???)
When heritage is meant, I'd suggest something like "Ancestor ... of ...
not found". At least I like messages starting with a fixed part,
indicating the message type, not with an identifier.

What do the "new alias ..." messages mean *to the user*?

DoDi