[fpc-devel] FPDoc improvements

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Nov 29 10:42:01 CET 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Hans-Peter Diettrich schrieb:
>
>> Unfortunately there remain some problems, e.g. the FPC documentation cannot
>> be created on Windows, what is one reason for the extended project option,
>> but doesn't allow me to debug this feature with real life projects
>> (RTL...).
>
> A "make -n rtl.chk > test.txt" succeeded, at least. Now I suspect some
> Windows or RTL commandline limitations, which seem to truncate the long
> command lines created by the scripts (4890 chars for rtl.chk).

This is a problem of windows, yes.

Try working with the FCL, there are less units, and thus a corresponding less
long command-line.

> Now I'll try to implement such a dry-run option for fpdoc, too, that accepts
> an command file like created by make -n. This extension, and more features,
> could become distinct projects, but for that purpose the fpdoc.pp file should
> be splitted into the bare program Run part, and everything else moved into a
> new unit. Such a split could be accompanied by a Lazarus package, created
> from the fpdoc worker code, that then could be used immediately in LazDE or
> further GUI applications.

Please elaborate ? Last I looked, everything is already split in separate
units. The main program file just collects command-line options, and then
passes on everything to the actual workers. What more do you want to see
split out ?

> Another extension should allow to debug and update fpdoc projects, which
> currently don't run on Windows. The observed fatal errors can result from bad
> XML structure, or from missing include files.

What do you mean with "currently don't run on windows" ?

Michael.