[fpc-devel] FPDoc improvements

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Nov 29 09:25:41 CET 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> I just implemented and option to create an XML project from the commandline
> arguments. This should allow to create projects from the scripts and
> Makefiles, used to build the documentation for the standard libraries. See
> Mantis #20769.

I had a look, I will apply the patch when I find a free moment.

2 small remarks:

1. When coding changes, please try to observe the style used.

for instance
   if .. then begin
   end
is simply not done, this is not C. Begin is always on a new line.

2. Try to separate things. You coded a change in package selection handling,
please don't mix this with the change for writing a package file.
It makes it more difficult to debug when bugs arise.

> Unfortunately there remain some problems, e.g. the FPC documentation cannot
> be created on Windows, what is one reason for the extended project option,
> but doesn't allow me to debug this feature with real life projects (RTL...).

Why not ?

> I'd like to discuss some aspects of the current implementation, as well as
> this and further fpdoc extensions. PM acceptable.

Feel free to discuss.

Michael.