[fpc-devel] Re-installing fpc

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Mar 14 11:29:31 CET 2011

On 03/14/2011 11:12 AM, Henry Vermaak wrote:
> There is no need to build as root. This is a very bad idea.
OK, I once was not able to do this as a normal user. I was not able to
find out why. (supposedly some files were owned by root and could not be
overwritten when making fpc as a user)

OTOH, I think I need to do make install as root if I want to provide fpc
in /usr/bin to all users.
> It's hard to tell without the error message.
This is obvious but right now I don't get this problem any more. I
suppose I could reproduce it by deleting the fpc* files from /usr/bin.

I now think it's likely that fpcmake had been the file make install
complained not to have.

Thanks,
-Michael