[fpc-devel] Re-installing fpc

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at gmx.at
Mon Mar 14 11:13:16 CET 2011

 Hi,

 On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:48:50 +0100, Michael Schnell wrote:
> I re-installed Linux, trashing the root director<y while keeping the
> user's home directories.
>
> Now I need to re-install fpc (which I provide the newest svn version
> to all users in /usr/bin).
> [...]
>
> But when I tried to install fpc to /usr/bin with (as root)

 "make install"  requires fpcmake in the path, or invoking it manually
 as you did, or put it into the FPCMAKE environment. I.e. "export
 FPCMAKE=/path/to/fpcmake".

> make install INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
>
> I dot some an error message about something missing, but not saying
> what would be missing where).
>
> So I copied some flc* files from the old installation to /usr/bin.
>
> not I get
>
> Makefile:199: *** The Makefile doesn't support target
> can't-executed,, please run fpcmake first.  Stop.
>
> but when I try to do fpcmake in the source directory this does not
> help and when I try to do fpcmake in /usr/bin I get

 Did you run "fpcmake -R -Tall" in the source directory? (-R means
 recursively dive into subdirectories and -Tall means for all targets)

> What to do ?

 Above should fix the issue.

 Thomas