[fpc-devel] SMP > 2 core Cache issue with Posix threads

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 15:51:23 CEST 2011

Vincent Snijders wrote:
> 2011/7/1 Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de>:
>> On 07/01/2011 02:00 PM, Vincent Snijders wrote:
>>> I won't call that a definitive URL, but some vague indication. That is
>>> more than 200 mails at least. I'd expected you to give a link to the
>>> email in the archives where "Andrew described a code".
>>> So, which link to click on
>>> http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2011-June/subject.html
>>> or which link to click on
>>>
>>> http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/2011-June/subject.html
>>> ?
>>>
>> I have no idea how to find a certain mail in the backlog.
>
> So how you expect us to find the description *you* want us to read in
> all those mails, if even you cannot find it.
>
>> But it would not help anyway, as AFAIR, no additional information can be
>> found there.
>
> Oh, it was just another piece of useless information...

Fair play, he /has/ said he's mailed Andrew looking for source.

However under the circumstances we've got to have something definitive
to inspect and test- I for one would be very unhappy if I spent my time
running up a rarely-used system and updating its compiler, only to be
told that I didn't have the right version of the test program.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk