[fpc-devel] FPC for Linux-ARM

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jan 19 16:56:37 CET 2011

On 01/19/2011 12:03 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Some phones have hardware floating point, the majority not.
I'm not in a position to estimate the counts of Android devices that
have an FPU vs those that don't, or suggest that all relevant of them have.

But AFAIK, when building the Linux Kernel for AR; chips without FPU, you
can include an FPU simulation. With that the user software (other than
slower execution) does not notice that there is no FPU. As this only
costs some hundred bytes of memory, I do suppose that the Kernel for
Android devices might be done in that ways.

-Michael