[fpc-devel] FPC for Linux-ARM

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Jan 19 16:26:17 CET 2011

On 19 Jan 2011, at 12:03, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> Some phones have hardware floating point, the majority not.
>
> I suppose that FPC can't currently auto-detect, can it?

That's not a matter for the compiler or RTL to auto-detect. You need a
completely different binary if you want to use hardware floating point
support. At best, you should be able to build a "fat" binary like on
Mac OS X and the OS will launch the version that's most appropriate
for the current hardware platform.

Jonas