[fpc-devel] Re: RFC: Delphi style class helpers

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Jan 7 11:43:49 CET 2011

On 07 Jan 2011, at 10:30, Sven Barth wrote:

> Should I use new error messages like "reference to class helper not
> allowed here" and so on or should I rely on the messages that are
> already there? If the first: what needs to be changed to add a new
> message?

When you can reuse (or *slightly* modify/generalise) an existing
message, do so. Otherwise add a new one. To do so, edit compiler/msg/
errore.msg and add a new entry at the end of the appropriate category,
along with a description. If you're not sure, search for a related
message and add it to the end of its category. See the text at the top
for an explanation of the format of the messages.

When you "make" the compiler, the message files will automatically be
regenerated from errore.msg

Jonas