[fpc-devel] Linux Signals

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Sun Jan 2 00:39:38 CET 2011

01.01.2011 20:27, Andrew Brunner:
> I'm trying to get signals to work with sockets under x64 Ubuntu 10.10
> (all updates)
>
> I installed two handlers for two events SIGIO, and SIGHUP uising
> fpsigaction(SIGIO, @saAct, nil) .  I was expecting to get a byte by
> byte signal under telnet to my server instance (110-pop3) on the IO
> but had only received the signal on CRLF.  Firefox on the HTTP has the
> same problem but I suspect a problem since it is impossible to ever
> receive a signal for binary protocols having no CRLFs for as kernel
> triggers to signal applications. Perhaps this particular issue is
> better directed at Debian?
[...]

What are you trying to achieve ultimately? People tend to avoid using
signals as much as possible nowadays (for anything beyond some nice
handling of forced/fatal program termination and such) at least on
linux. I'm not guru, just somewhat curious (because some time ago I had
to re-engineer some small networking app, originating from windows, to
be cross-platform and resource-friendly)

Nikolai