[fpc-devel] Linux Signals

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 19:35:47 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> In our previous episode, Andrew Brunner said:
>> Another important thing is that (IMO) the data structure for
>> TSigAction is out-dated.
>
>> Please refer to rtl/linux/signal.inc and compare the struct with the
>> one specified at the URL I included for linux...  The two structs are
>> different.
>>
>> http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man2/sigaction.2.html
>
> IMHO it could be that that page is simply wrong, or dumbed down. It looks
> like a sigaction(3) page, while FPC implements a "true" sigaction(2).

Excellent.  Thanks.  That means that the problem is elsewhere.  I
think I'm narrowing down the semantics.  I'm down to the problem with
setting the socket attribute to the signal as instead of a file.  I
read about it somewhere but I don't see the constant nearby in the
header file for sigaction flags.