[fpc-devel] fcl-db bugs/improvements/patches

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Wed Feb 16 14:31:51 CET 2011

Hi Joost,
thanks for reply

> Adding transactions so close to a release is not a good idea, imho. It
> could be added in trunk, though.
ok, no objections from me side
only to explain: ODBC works by default in auto-commit mode, and this
behavior is not affected by fix so all remains as is.
only when you supply to TODBCConnection.Params: 'Autocommit=false' or
'AutoCommit=0' you will switch to manual commit.
without this all works as before.

>  But first run the testsuite with this
> patch for at least mysql/mssql and firebird using odbc.

;-) please, no

> A regression-test has to be performed before this can be comitted.
> (Needs an oracle setup)

Why do you think, that this patch can lead to problems, ATM RowsAffected
is not implemented, so it always returns -1.
So nobody can use / rely on this value.
So I think, that provide some (untested) solution is better than nothing
... and we can wait for users feedback
(I do not have Oracle instaled, so I can not help, test)

> The question in the bug-report has to be answered.

answered

> So even 4,5 and 6 are not that easy. (If they were, they were already
> applied)

;-) ok

Thanks
Laco.