[fpc-devel] Determin file size - how?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Dec 19 11:38:02 CET 2011

> > And I tried docview on windows and IMHO it was unusable.
>
> Maybe you just used a very old version of DocView. Either way, I would
> love to hear more about those unusable problems you experienced. If
> you don't mind, would you please email them to me in private - I would
> like to improve the DocView experience in any way I can.

Sorry, no time, no interest, got a working helpsystem :-)

> > All that was available for CHM too, PLUS the generation facilities.
>
> At the time I implemented DocView and INF support, the CHM code in FPC
> had no Index support, dog slow TOC support and many other issues.

They were not all problems in the CHM package, rather than the systems that
read them. Yes, binary index and TOC improved speed, but it was more
something from bringing down from 0.9s to 0.3s

> But I believe most of those issues have been addressed over the last 2 or
> so years.  Either way the "crap Linux CHM viewers" problem still persists.

That can't be a reason to start INF because when you started with INF, there
were not even crap linux viewers for it.