[fpc-devel] Determin file size - how?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 11:28:15 CET 2011

On 19 December 2011 12:12, Marco van de Voort  wrote:
>> For the record, disk size (even though the size difference is huge)
>> was largely a bonus feature.
>
> No, at the time, you kept raving about it.

At the time I (like many others) had a very limited monthly Internet
data bundle size (150MB to be exact) - so the size of downloads was a
very important point too. Now I have access to an uncapped Internet
account - so the size is not so much a issue for me any more, though
it could still be for others.

> And I tried docview on windows and IMHO it was unusable.

Maybe you just used a very old version of DocView. Either way, I would
love to hear more about those unusable problems you experienced. If
you don't mind, would you please email them to me in private - I would
like to improve the DocView experience in any way I can.

> All that was available for CHM too, PLUS the generation facilities.

At the time I implemented DocView and INF support, the CHM code in FPC
had no Index support, dog slow TOC support and many other issues. But
I believe most of those issues have been addressed over the last 2 or
so years. Either way the "crap Linux CHM viewers" problem still
persists.

  - Graeme -