[fpc-devel] Determin file size - how?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 11:13:03 CET 2011

On 19 December 2011 12:03, Michael Schnell  wrote:
>> There is no reason it can't work within the Lazarus IDE.
>
> I did not understand what Marco meant by "the lazarus internal help
> registration". Docview does do context sensitive help in the Editor, but

He meant for help inside the IDE dialogs. For example: pressing F1 (or
clicking the Help button) inside the Environment Options dialog.
Again, there is no technical reason why DocViewer can't be registered
inside Lazarus IDE - I just don't see the point, so didn't bother
creating such a add-on package. Why do I say this? Because currently
that is just a stupid point to raise, because Lazarus IDE help is ONLY
available online in the wiki site. So neither LHelp (or any other CHM
viewer) or DocView (INF viewer) is much use there - until Lazarus IDE
actually uses a help format better suited than the wiki site.

  - Graeme -