[fpc-devel] Determin file size - how?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Dec 16 09:22:59 CET 2011

On 12/15/2011 04:48 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> Afaik neither Lazarus nor the textmode IDE currently provide fulltext
> access to the help. Any help.
I installed DocView in Lazarus. This creates a menu entry "Tools" ->
"fpGUI DocView (ctrl-shift-F1)". This used to work nicely (providing
cross-inf-file search) as well when called by this menu as when used as
context sensitive help in a  Lazarus editor window and using this key
combination for context sensitive help display.

In fact it right now does not work any more as I unsuccessfully played
around with the inf files.

I am sure Greame can give more competent comments on this topic.
> Afaik docview does not work within the IDE at all, only via the
> external tools option?
If you mean the text mode IDE, I don't know. But AFAIK, DocView does not
have a text mode display option, so it does not seem to make sense to
use Doc View with the text mode IDE. As said, DocView does work nicely
with the Lazarus IDE, installed as a "tool" but integrating itself by
providing a hot-key usable in the editor.

> That used to be CHM based, but is now using CHM's successor. But that
> is totally not crossplatform and the helpsystem is external to windows
> and requires a license to install.

Yep. (Supposedly this is why DocView has been created.) Of course it is
nice that in the Delphi Help you can installed third party CHM files. I
don't know whether CHM files we don't have a "source code" of can be
converted to inf files.

-Michael