[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Dec 4 19:38:50 CET 2011

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:
>
>>> You remember my -n and -v options?
>>
>> Absolutely, and I'll gladly accept patches implementing those 2 things in
>> fpdoc.
>> If you could separate those out from your other work, that would be much
>> appreciated. If not, send whatever you have, and I'll try to extract it
>> myself.
>
> I'll attach an patch with my remaining changes, fpdoc-nv.patch. Here's a
> roadmap for you:

I did several things:

1. Enable various log levels in parser and scanner. It uses an event handler.
   (writing to terminal is not possible)

2. Route all this logging through the TPasContainer.
    I tried to remove all direct writes from all backends and other places in fpdoc,
    so now it should work in a GUI app as well.

3. Create a TFPDocCreater component. It contains the CreateDocumentation logic,
    verbose and dry-run logic, and some more.
    You should be able to re-use this component as-is, see unit mkfpdoc.pp

4. Implemented the --verbose and --dry-run options.

These 2 options are not stored in the project file, they must be given on the command-line.
I do not believe they belong in the project file.

Todo: implement a --descr-dir command-line option for fpdoc application.
That will scan a directory and add all XML files it finds in that dir to the project.
I can see why you want such thing, but I think such logic belongs in the command-line
tool itself, not in the project description itself.

Michael.