[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 2 20:27:18 CET 2011

Sven Barth schrieb:

> Out of curiosity: How could/would one create one documentation of source
> which supports multiple platforms, but where there are identifiers that
> are only available for some platforms? (like our RTL)

Right, that's a problem - but how many identifiers are really affected?

IMO the RTL provides a platform-independent API, with not many platform
specific identifiers. The same situation exists in the LCL, with the
support of multiple widgetsets.

When ever required, the platform or widgetset specific *units* deserve
their own documentation (sources) in the first place. Then it's only a
minor effort to create specialized fpdoc projects, which use the right
units and create the documentation for them. Every user then can create
his own customized documentation, with commands as simple as
   fpdoc -p=winrtl.xml
   fpdoc -p=gtk2lcl.xml

DoDi