[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 2 11:57:05 CET 2011

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

> The patch changes nothing to the content of the docs, it just makes sure
> that the parser finds all files on Windows.
>
> If there are any platform-specific identifiers, the docs have always
> contained the linux-specific ones.
> The patch changes nothing about this.

Right, platform specific documentation must be written before it can be
shown. OTOH it's not nice when e.g. TDateTime is undocumented.

Now that we have fpdoc projects, it's time to add platform specific
documentation. That's no extra time for the FPC team, this also can be
done by the users.

I just think about an extension to the fpdoc projects, listing platform
specific input files and compiler options. Linux may be used as the
fallback, whenever no replacments are given for the actual platform.

DoDi