[fpc-devel] FPDoc sources

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:36:35 CEST 2011

On 31/08/2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich  wrote:
> For now I only want to remove the code that skips xml files without
> according source files. In the next step the --descr option should allow
> for a directory, from which all files can be picked automatically.

Automation with fpdoc is not always a good thing. I have already
created a command line tool which generates a documentation build
script for fpGUI, by scanning the source and xml directories -
matching up files. I soon found out that the order of units are
important to fpdoc - otherwise you end up with broken links in the
generated documentation.

> This was my idea as well, but I doubt that the Lazarus packages (lpk)
> contain all information, required to make fpdoc happy.

Well, that information must be somewhere, because the CodeTools can
find all units, include files etc. for a specific platform.

> package or the like. No idea of fpde, it seems to be not very different
> from LazDE, and I couldn't yet make it run on Windows.

I believe the lazde project was simply a clone of fpde - to make it
compilable with LCL. I don't think fpde has been maintained in years.

  - Graeme -