[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 18 01:32:16 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

> I think Lazarus improved a lot over Delphi here, but Lazarus's
> designer is still way to complicated and error prone for complex UI's.
> Look at all the settings in the Align/Anchor property editors, yet
> often you still have to code some UI rules irrespectively. With good
> layout managers everything is easy - no matter how complex the UI.

+1

Unfortunately the added Lazarus layout options can not be removed any
more, from TControl, TWinControl etc.  I just wonder what will come
next, in an attempt to add more layout "features" to the LCL :-(

Currently the only chance, to disable all layout features, seems to be
the use of an DockManager - which is not much more than a layout
manager. The LCL developers missed that simple fact, and continue to add
layout features to every single control, instead of letting the user
choose layout managers from an (extensible) set of predefined layout
managers.

DoDi