[fpc-devel] Stellaris Update

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Tue Aug 16 12:46:06 CEST 2011

Am 16.08.2011 12:24, schrieb John Clymer:
> Sorry, missed the second set of questions....
>
> I was able to get the stellaris part setup in t_embed.pas and
> cpuinfo.pas, then I got build errors when I build an executable - it was
> missing the Controller's startup file - these are in rtl\embedded\arm.
> Once FPC finishes compiling the program, it wants to link with a unit
> with the same name as the Controller.  So, if each controller gets
> supported separately, then that folder is going to be chock full of
> controller specific startup files - most of which will be duplicates
> inside the same family.

This files are needed anyways to provide the declartions for hardware
access. Common declarations/startup code can be easily placed in
commonly used include files, and, see below.

> Unless I'm missing something, in order to get a binary for the LM3S8962,
> using that specific controller as the target, I had to have a file in
> that folder with that same name - and with the unit inside named the
> same as the microcontroller.

This could be changed in the compiler, this is why we have
controllerunitstr and it proved to work well for me when working with LPCs.