[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 12 09:24:36 CEST 2011

Am 12.08.2011 07:33, schrieb Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Sven Barth
> <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> I also already thought about using fpGUI, but as a LCL backend. The reason
>> is that I have two Windows Mobile LCL applications that are tailored to my
>> own needs that I'd like to use when I have a new Android phone.
>
> The LCL-Android already has some basic components implemented. Button
> clicking works, for example.
>
> But I already foresee a difficulty in porting existing apps because
> the controls and fonts in Android are much bigger then in desktop
> platforms. Fixed-size layouts will have a hard time being ported.

Since some time I've converted to a huge fan of LCL's autosize feature ^^

Also as my current phone has basically the same structure (portrait
device, not much space) I wouldn't see a problem with those two
applications of mine.

> This could be fixed by introducing some phone-like layouts in the LCL,
> like the linear layouts from Android.
>
>> As far as
>> I'm currently aware of the state of LCL-fpGUI (I never tested it yet) I'll
>> need to implement TTreeView...
>
> If you ever do, please implement it in the Custom Drawn Package from
> Lazarus, then we can use this TCDTreeView in both LCL-Android and
> LCL-fpgui =)

I thought more in the terms of using the treeview component provided by
fpGUI (Graeme?)... especially as I only need it working for two apps and
thus it's rather likely that I'll implement only the features needed.

Regards,
Sven