[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 07:33:54 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Sven Barth
<pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I also already thought about using fpGUI, but as a LCL backend. The reason
> is that I have two Windows Mobile LCL applications that are tailored to my
> own needs that I'd like to use when I have a new Android phone.

The LCL-Android already has some basic components implemented. Button
clicking works, for example.

But I already foresee a difficulty in porting existing apps because
the controls and fonts in Android are much bigger then in desktop
platforms. Fixed-size layouts will have a hard time being ported.

This could be fixed by introducing some phone-like layouts in the LCL,
like the linear layouts from Android.

> As far as
> I'm currently aware of the state of LCL-fpGUI (I never tested it yet) I'll
> need to implement TTreeView...

If you ever do, please implement it in the Custom Drawn Package from
Lazarus, then we can use this TCDTreeView in both LCL-Android and
LCL-fpgui =)

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho