[fpc-devel] Including Sorokin's TRegExpr in FPC

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 08:12:07 CEST 2011

Hello,

I was porting a Delphi project and I needed support for TRegExpr.
Well, it seams that FPC doesn't already come with one, but it has a
Regexpr unit, but it's docs are not very positive about how complete
this library is:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Regexpr

But I asked Sorokin if he could relicense TRegExpr from RegExpStudio
in the same modifyed LGPL as the FPC RTL and FCL and he agreed!

So, what do you think about adding this unit to FPC:

http://openpokergrid.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openpokergrid/Components/regexpr/RegExpr.pas?revision=202&view=markup

The only issue is that it has a name colision with an already existing
unit in FPC.

Hopefully now people won't say anymore that FPC does not have a good
regular expression support =)

I tested this unit in Linux and it worked fine for my project.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho