[fpc-devel] Announcement: Free Pascal Compiler Delphi XE PortProject

Matt Emson memson.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 13 09:06:28 CEST 2011

Sent from my iPhone 4

On 13 Apr 2011, at 00:14, Adem <listmember at letterboxes.org> wrote:

> The last time (a year or so ago) I played with the compiler code (under Windows), I was surprised to find out that AQTime [ http://smartbear.com/products/development-tools/performance-profiling/ ] didn't support FPC or executables produced by FPC.

Last time I used AQTime (circa 2004?) it relied on debug info being present and expected it to be in a Borland/Windows specific format. I'd put it to you that fixing the lack of FPC support for that format would be far more worthwhile in general, with regards to solving this issue. The described venture Mr Flying suggests would only get you as far as the compiler - as Delphi does not use an external assembler/linker (to use with the "new" compiler version) AFAIR and compiling the compiler with Delphi alone will not miraculously change the nature of the compiler's output to be Delphi XE compatible. So, unless I'm mistaken, does zero to help get closer to "general" AQTime compatibility, which would be far more useful in general.