[fpc-devel] Announcement: Free Pascal Compiler Delphi XE PortProject

Adem listmember at letterboxes.org
Wed Apr 13 01:14:10 CEST 2011

On 2011-04-11 14:49, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Skybuck Flying<skybuck2000 at hotmail.com>  wrote:
>> This project is about "porting" the Free Pascal Compiler to Delphi XE.
>
> I am curious: What is the use for this?

The last time (a year or so ago) I played with the compiler code (under
Windows), I was surprised to find out that AQTime [
http://smartbear.com/products/development-tools/performance-profiling/ ]
didn't support FPC or executables produced by FPC.

So, with this port, you could, for example, use tools such as AQTime or
similar to see what's happening when you run the compiler executable
(performance profiling) and that may turn out to help optimize the
compiler code.