[fpc-devel] Patches

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Sep 30 14:03:34 CEST 2010

On 30 Sep 2010, at 13:39, Adem wrote:

> it's not clear to me why ppudump must be a strictly independent
> stand-alone executable.

I did not say that it must be a stand-alone executable. I said that it
must not depend on the code generator (whether it's inside or outside
the compiler is irrelevant to that point). And the reason I said that
is because Hans-Peter's wants to move it inside the compiler so that
making ppudump depend on the code generator would no longer break the
build.

The basic problem is that his rewrite made ppudump dependent on the
code generator, not that ppudump's independence of the code generator
is enforced by the build system.

Jonas