[fpc-devel] Patches

Adem listmember at letterboxes.org
Thu Sep 30 13:39:57 CEST 2010

  On 2010-09-30 12:38, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> The basic issue is that the functionality ppudump happens to depend on
> must not depend on the code generator. The current build system
> enforces this rather strictly. Removing the check from the build
> system so that you can break this separation of concerns is just wrong.
When I look at its description [
http://www.freepascal.org/tools/ppudump.var ] ("ppudump writes the
contents of a Free Pascal unit file to standard output. It gives a
listing of all definitions in the unit file. The format of the listing
can be controlled by the options.") it's not clear to me why ppudump
must be a strictly independent stand-alone executable.

Could you elaborate why you think it should be.

Cheers,
Adem