[fpc-devel] RIP NoGlobals

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 01:17:45 CEST 2010

A last note on the NoGlobals branch, and parallel processing in the
compiler:

I couldn't find any way to move global variables from globals.pas into
e.g. fmodule (tmodule, current_module), without breaking ppudump
dependencies. As long as nobody can provide a solution for this problem,
I see no chance for any parallel processing in the compiler.

Now I'll resume my original work on multiple front-ends, this time using
a git repository - thanks to Graeme for the FPC and Lazarus repositories :-)

DoDi