[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:48:40 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 23:14, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Am 19.10.2010 14:02, schrieb Alexander Klenin:
> The topic of this thread and the patch was/is alternative parsers. As
> you worked on the case of string stuff (or your student) you might also
> know that the fpc parser is written straight forward and anybody knowing
> the dragon books might be able to work on it and far from being fragile.

Oh, do not remind me of that. Do you know that said student
had quit working on FPC because he found the code base to be
a <insert polite adjective here> mess?
(And which is sadder to me, he also took a different adviser for
his next year course work).
I actually teach compiler construction at the university,
and he correctly noted that compilers produced by some
students at the end of the course are better structured than FPC.

--
Alexander S. Klenin