[fpc-devel] Less global variables

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Sun Oct 10 15:55:55 CEST 2010

Am 10.10.2010 15:41, schrieb Hans-Peter Diettrich:

>>> I.e. one patch for every single moved variable???
>>
>> If needed, yes. If one variable is moved and it involves more files, it
>> needs a separate commit. It makes also things like bisecting bugs easier.
>
> So you already found bugs in my contribution?

Yes. The change in cfidwarf reverted a bug fix of a few days ago.

>>> Feel free to apply these
>>> patches first...
>>
>> This another part of the mess.
>
> Ah, I see. My work is not appreciated at all, and now it is rejected for
> almost formal reasons :-(

Indeed, also formalisms are a reason to reject a patch.

>>> Question: do you have a better solution for the ppudump dependencies?
>>
>> There is nothing wrong with using aasmbase in ppudump.
>
> Using aasmbase will introduce unwanted dependencies later, occuring in
> the used units.

No. It does not. aasmbase depends only on a very few basic compiler (and
rtl units).

> Simple question: would you apply my patches immediately, if they *only*
> would meet the expected granularity and coding style?

No patch will be applied immediatly and only fullfilling basic coding
requirements is needed but not sufficient.