[fpc-devel] revision.inc

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis dioannidis at artesoft.gr
Sat Nov 13 14:09:03 CET 2010

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:17:49 +0100 (CET), marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de
Voort) wrote:
>> that i needed a svnversion executable for this to work. So i downloaded

>> the CollabNet command line tools.
>
> That require registration, I use these:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32svn/

Thx, for the tip.But IMHO the majority of the windows users are using
TortoiseSVN, so a solution which include the TortoiseSVN's SubWCRev
alternative for the svn's 'svnversion' will be better.

>> Running 'svnversion' i got '16332'.
>
> Is that binary in the path? If not you have to pass it:

I run 'svnversion' at the compiler dir from the command line, so yes it's
in the path.AFAIU, the Makefile failed to find the 'svnversion' executable
in my Windows 7 64 bit machine. That's why i posted the line from the
Makefile.

> make revision SVNVERSION="c:\Program Files
> (x86)\Subversion\bin\svnversion.exe"

Thx, didn't know that i could do it that way.Much appreciated ...

regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis