[fpc-devel] fcl-web example and new testsuite website

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon May 31 10:41:48 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 08:51 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2010-05-30 21:33, Joost van der Sluis het geskryf:
> >
> > Sigh: http://www.freepascal.org/~joost/wwwroot/testsuiteweb.cgi
>

> The new one looks very nice.... Some pointers on things I noted (hope you
> don't mind):
>
> * once you view the details of a test run, there is not Back button or Main
>   button to get back to the main screen.

I have a really big one for that in my browser. But I'll see if that can
be added.

> * On the main screen I have no idea what date format is used? Maybe use
>   the ISO 8601 (international date/time) format to stop any possible
>   confusion.

Yeah, and the time-part is also included, so filtering on it will be
difficult. Have to fix that.

> * In your initial post you mentioned that it is tests run each night. Yet
>   all the tests listed on the first page you see are (I think - that's if
>   I am interpreting the date format correctly) 2003-11 and 2003-10. That's
>   rather long ago, and I don't really see the point in keeping such a
>   archive for daily tests runs. Surely the daily results is all you want
>   to see, or a maximum of say last 7 days.

Click on the date-column header, it will sort on the date in reversed
order. But that should indeed be the default.

> * Failure details. On the main screen it says the one test run caused 33
>   failures. I click on that row which opens the details. Page 1 or 66!
>   1) Maybe that could be reduced to some summary/collapsed view first.
>   2) How do I get a listing of only the 33 tests that failed? I don't
>      want to scroll 66 pages looking for them.

You can sort on the 'OK' column, but in that case you should filter out
the skipped-tests. (Which is currently not possible)

I'll add a 'failed' column. And a way to filter tests.

> * In the test listed below, which was a test run for 2003-10-31, there is
>   a test result dated 2007-01-28?? See attached image. So somewhere your
>   details query is pulling wrong data, or the data is corrupt.

Good question. That date is indeed wrong. (should be 8/10/03 according
to the 'old' website.)

Joost.