[fpc-devel] Linux.SysInfo Problem

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 15:14:34 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.fpc-devel at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> Are the numbers returned by SysInfo() similar to those returned by Linux's
> 'free' program and 'top'? Are you taking into account that your program, and
> in particular the Lazarus IDE, are going to be reducing the amount of free
> memory significantly?

Hi Mark,

The SysInfo function should only return information that is OS
specific.  Things like CPU load and Memory Stats.  So the SysInfo
function should return values, in real-time, up to date, and matching
that of a tool like gnome-system-monitor.  The SysInfo function
running on my distro returns numbers that don't seem to coorelate to
anything I can point to as the culprit.

They aren't random but they aren't accurate ?!?  LOL.