[fpc-devel] is that intended? private type section in classes versus visibility

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Jul 30 17:58:46 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 15:19 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2010-07-27 13:54, Joost van der Sluis het geskryf:
> > If you need a new feature and you can code it yourself. Go ahead and
> > code. (You can always ask questions or discuss things here)
>
> No point in wasting my time implementing something that will not be
> accepted. So now I discuss first.

The other core-members and I just try to help. I'm not afraid of a long,
time-consuming, discussion with maybe even an conclusion at the end. But
I'm affraid that when the discussion is over, no-one is willing or able
to develop what has been concluded from the discussion.

'who codes, decides' and 'show us some code first' are not rules,
thought out by the core people. It is just that by our experience, it is
most productive to work according to those principals.

You could argue that it is not, but it could never replace our
'in-the-field' experience.

But go ahead, discuss the idea, write the code. But if this project
fails, realize yourself that you've wasted the time of a lot of people.
Time which could have been used better.

Regards,

Joost