[fpc-devel] Need advice for refactoring

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 00:40:26 CEST 2010

On 17/07/2010, Juha Manninen  wrote:
>  can always use a local Git repository, then commit and merge (actually rebase)
>  there. Like:

When I started with Git, I actually did something like that with the
tiOPF project. I used my existing SVN checkout directory. Then used
git for local branching, by creating a git repository inside the
existing svn checked out directory. Developed in the git branches,
then merge back to git's master branch (which is equal to svn trunk),
then do a normal 'svn commit'.  The down-side is your svn commit is
one large commit (you loose the branch history). Not to mention, I
hate large commits. So now I simply use git-svn. But for other small
apps or prototypes, I often create local git repository to manage my
history while I try out some ideas.

  - Graeme -