[fpc-devel] Messages overhead

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:24:18 CEST 2010

Op 2010-07-15 14:18, Jonas Maebe het geskryf:
> That's only true if it does not impact clarity or maintainability.
> Otherwise there is a tradeoff to be made in favour of one or the other.

True, but I don't think we are talking about optimization like changing
Object Pascal code to ASM. The original poster (as far as I can tell)
simply meant that checking for verbosity or whatever before generating
message output. So message calls are only generated/used when really needed.

This seems like a simple enough optimization without impacting clarity.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/