[fpc-devel] Blackfin support

Jeppe Johansen jepjoh2 at kom.aau.dk
Fri Jul 9 14:36:17 CEST 2010

I would be interested in knowing whether it would be feasible to create
DSP backends for FPC. I recently had the experience of using a TMS320C26
which probably has to be programmed in assembler due to the limits of
the instruction set. But I hear newer DSPs use instruction sets geared
alot more towards highlevel compilers

Michael:
Cortex A8 runs ARMv7A. All the Interlocked* functions in the ARM RTL
already have implementations for >ARMv6 instructions(ldrex/strex) which
is pretty much what the architecture manual wrote as example code