[fpc-devel] Blackfin support

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jul 9 14:10:47 CEST 2010

  On 07/09/2010 01:55 PM, Nataraj S Narayan wrote:
> Hi Michael
>
> I too am planning to switch to 'sitara' AM3517 SBCs from at91sam9263.
> Hope there would be an effort to an fpc port to this board on
> linux-uclibc.

I understand that the Cortex A8 which powers the AM3x features the full
32 bit "ARM" instruction set plus the 16 Bit "Thumb" instruction set
plus several enhancements. Thus code created by FPC/ARM  should just run
out of the box.

In the Lazarus mailing list, we lately discussed how to special do stuff
like "atomic instructions" and "Futex without libc binding". Here
ARM-Linux offers a shared userland page with functions that are always
provided in a version optimized for the CPU subarch we are running on.
Using same in the RTL instead of doing our own (non sub-arch optimized
at runtime) code would be a nice enhancement for the RTL

-Michael