[fpc-devel] Fpsigprocmask

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Thu Jan 21 08:17:24 CET 2010

On Wednesday 20 January 2010 21:22:10 Marco van de Voort wrote:

> That's still no reason to not use the supported routines. One can even
> simply recompile the RTL to have the normal routines use libc (a feature
> that is in production for e.g. OS X)

I trust more in libc than in FPC routines, libc is propably better adapted to
the actual kernel. MSEgui tries to be Kylix3 compatible where the FPC
routines are missing. Using the libc compiler switch is no option because
users may depend on the default non libc RTL.
If you answer: "There is no difference" - many software features are OK until
real usage only. ;-)

> As far as I can see, providing own headers is just a compatibility hazard
> with no real benefit.

FPC libc does not support x84_64-linux.

Martin