[fpc-devel] Fatal: Compilation aborted

Mimu Bunnylin mimu at mooncore.eu
Fri Jan 8 00:40:38 CET 2010

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 22:22:46 -0800, Marten Feldtmann
<itlists at schrievkrom.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm doing my first steps in fp - and for a long time in Pascal again -
> and use the 2.4.0 version. I more or less often come into a situation,
> where the compiler simply tries to compile my program and just says
> (after a long list of infos - but not errors or warning): "Compilation
> aborted" (and boy: I have lots of syntax errors - it is 20 years agos
> when I did my last Pascal programming). Then I terminate fp, start it
> again, compile the same source code and get the error messages I need to
> fix my errors.
>
> Marten Feldtmann

Strangely enough, I get that too. Seems like the IDE-compiler gets stuck if
it encounters a specific obscure combination of errors in the program code,
or maybe after reporting a few hundred of them. The IDE works otherwise
fine, just compiling refuses to go further than "Compilation aborted." The
command-line compiler is not affected. Restarting the IDE gets the
F9-compilation running again and reporting errors right.

I think this has only happened to me if there were errors to be reported.
Never hung yet when compiling error-free code.

-Mimu