[fpc-devel] procedure ... message(); in Linux

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Feb 25 17:59:05 CET 2010

Can't anyone answer the question if in Linux the legal and compilable
construct

procedure... message;

either

is not supposed to be working

or

how I can have such a procedure be executed (e.g. by posting a message
from a thread or another application, what I successfully did in Windows.

P.S.:
I found that with

Application.QueueAsyncCall

I can create an queued event in a thread that is executed by the
mainthread when all other queued events are done.

This is what procedure...message can do for thread communication, but of
course the syntax is completely different.

Thanks again,
-Michael