[fpc-devel] procedure ... message(); in Linux

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Feb 19 12:46:50 CET 2010

On 02/18/2010 10:26 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Just thought of something else. Not sure if this is a solution,

Thanks a lot for your support, but in fact I am not seeking for a
solution, but the question is if the compilable FPC construct "procedure
... message" works at all in (Lazarus /) Linux and what it can be used for.

I could verify, that with (Lazarus /) Windows "procedure ... message"
can fetch windows system messages and messages to a window generated by
a thread (I did not yet test sending windows messages from another
application, but as I used postmessage() and not postthreadmessage(), I
suppose it will work as well. I did not get postthreadmessage working in
Lazarus/Windows nor in Delphi yet.)

-Michael