[fpc-devel] RTTI unit

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 12:17:28 CEST 2010

Op 2010-08-30 12:04, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:
> same way, whereas other people don't. Therefor, basing a feature on the way
> you work is no better than including a .lpi file (which happens to be the
> way I work).

I got introduced to that feature years ago in the mailing list. So it's not
just me that uses it that way. Even the standard fpc.cfg generated by FPC
uses IFDEF and macros - similar to what I do. So I don't agree that it's as
"special feature only Graeme uses".

An least in a pinch, one can compile a new compiler or RTL from the command
line with ease. Have various config files to enable/disable debugging, line
info etc. Very handy for compiler or RTL or FCL development. Currently
Lazarus doesn't have various build modes, but the config files do allow for
that.

> What is more, the cfg file does not contain any project information: what
> files are part of the project.

Neither does many of the .lpi files included in FPC sources. :) Most of
them only contain the main program unit and maybe one or two other units
[see compiler directory]. fpdoc.lpi being the exception. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/