[fpc-devel] RTTI unit

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Aug 30 12:04:42 CEST 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Op 2010-08-30 11:23, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:
>>
>> That presupposes that the use of extrafpc.cfg is a common thing.
>> It is not, this is something that Graeme uses.
>
> FPC has had support for such extra config files since I started using FPC
> (+-5 years ago). It's also a documented feature, so it's not like I'm using
> some corner case hack - it's a legit feature of FPC, and a very handy one.
>
> Secondly, Lazarus IDE has also had support for reading such extra config
> files since I started using Lazarus (also 5+ years ago).
>
> This FPC feature has been in existence for a very long time.

I know that, but that is not what I meant.

What I meant is that you use the config file feature consistently in the
same way, whereas other people don't. Therefor, basing a feature on the way
you work is no better than including a .lpi file (which happens to be the
way I work).

What is more, the cfg file does not contain any project information: what
files are part of the project.

Michael.