[fpc-devel] Conditional Breakpoints using FPC and GDB

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 14:20:50 CEST 2010

Op 2010-08-13 14:08, Dimitri Smits het geskryf:

> btw, what I forgot to respond to in my last mail of a few mins ago:

[...off-topic...]

I'm not arguing with anything you said, just want to add something I only
now remembered from my Delphi days.

The Delphi debugger allowed you to change values while debugging, then step
back and re-execute that code with new values [I think I did this back in
the days of Delphi 5]. Delphi's debugger was pretty damn awesome - just
makes me realize how crap GDB is (with any other languages than C). And
what is really sad is that I got used to the dismal state of FPC debugging
over the years - moving back to writeln() statements and log files for 90%
of my debugging needs.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/