[fpc-devel] FPC 2.3.1 seems a mixed mess with Unicode support

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Sep 17 14:08:10 CEST 2009

Michael Schnell het geskryf:

> How am I supposed to input o + " in Open Office in a way that the
> program combines them to รถ ?

Not that this is the right list for OpenOffice support - but I'll make
it quick. ;-)

I use Dvorak keyboard layout, so it makes such character input a breeze.

Alternatively, if you use Linux + Gnome desktop (or any GTK2 app), then
Ctrl+Shift+U will change the input cursor (displaying and underlined u
character) allowing you to enter the UTF-16 Unicode hex value. Pressing
enter will then change the input cursor back to normal, and display the
Unicode character for that hex value you entered. This works on any
Gnome (GTK2) applications.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/