[fpc-devel] iphone development

dmitry boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 19:50:03 CEST 2009

> But $1K is peanuts if the finished application will be presented to 30-40
> million people for download.
I wonder what application can make 30-40 downloads? AFAIK there're
less iPhones/Touches sold all over the world.

If Jonas is right about Apple's license violation. Apple can simply
ban your C# application. And there's no other way to sell the
application, but Apple Store.

Btw, according to Mono Touch docs, you have to pay for iPhone license
anyway, so in the end, enterprise license costs $1.5K. Is it worthy to
risk?

> Considering what I read about obj C development... I think many
> people/companies would happily pay the price to have some nice language for
> development.
> What is interesting that they seem to be able to really use a different
> language within the apple rules of iphone development.
ObjC is a fine language. Of course, it would take some time to get
used to it (and its syntax), but still, it's possible to create fine
applications with it.
Some modern languages such as Ruby and Python are already provide
bridges for the ObjC interface.

thanks,
dmitry